The NHS Technology Adoption Centre (NTAC) conducted an audit in over 1300 patients, undergoing a range of surgical procedures in three NHS hospitals. Following the comprehensive evidence from the RCTs, NTAC wanted to determine whether clinicians could be trained to use EDM+ in ‘real world’ hospital settings and gain the same benefits observed in the tightly controlled clinical studies.
The NTAC results clearly showed that Doppler-guided fluid management was able to:
- Reduce post-operative stay by 3.5 days
- Reduce Level 3 ICU stay by 5 days
- Reduce central venous catheter use by 23%
- Reduce readmission rates by 29%
- Reduce reoperations by 30%.
Following these findings, EDM+ has since been adopted as a standard of care in these hospitals.
See the ‘How to why to’ Guide for more information.