Last updated 15 June 2018
You should read this policy, so that you know what we are doing with your personal data. Please also read any other privacy notices that we give you, that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances in the future.
Personal Data – is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual
Data Controller – determines the purposes and means of processing personal data
Data Processor – a processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller
“You” or “Your” – means you or your personnel as appropriate.
What personal data do we collect
- Contact information you provide us as in your name, title, email address, telephone number which is used when we act as the Data Controller and/or Data Processor (in the context of GDPR) in business/commercial/investor relations activity with you. Your personal data will be retained in physical and electronic format.
- Contact information by way of your email address for marketing purposes will be provided electronically through the Deltex website and will be used, with your consent, to keep you updated of our products and services.
- Details of any complaints or concerns.
- If any information you provide to us relates to a third party then by sharing their personal data you confirm that you have obtained any necessary consent from them before releasing their information to us.
What do we do with the information we gather and why
As a Data Processor we require this information to fulfil commercial contractual requirements as well as managing business contacts, contracts and services. We also need to understand your needs to enable us to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping to fulfil contractual and business related requirements for customers and other interested parties.
- We may use the information for reasonable commercial purposes, including Quality Control and Administration and in assisting us to improve our products and services.
- With your consent we may periodically send promotional emails to you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided through general enquiries, input through our website and from details given to us by you at trade exhibitions.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will contact you by email and may use the information you provide us with to customise the website to accommodate your interest.
- We may share your information with our professional advisers, auditors and business partners.
- Regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities.
- Other third parties in connection with reorganising all or any part of our business operations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The transmission of information via the internet or cellular phone networks may not be secure and any transmission is performed at your own risk.
Lawful Grounds for using your personal data
We have described the purposes for which we may use information about you, your personnel or other relevant individuals. We are permitted to process such information in this way, in compliance with data privacy law, by relying on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- You have explicitly agreed to us processing personal data for a specific reason.
- The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you or them.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we have.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us.
Your rights concerning the personal data we hold:
Data privacy laws provide you with a number of rights over your personal data.
You may be entitled to:
- Ask Deltex for access to the personal data that is held about you.
- Request the correction or deletion of your personal data.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information or object to that processing.
Withdraw your consent, where previously given, to the processing of your personal data by us.
- Request for the receipt or the transfer to another organisation, in a machine–readable form, of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Complain to your local data protection authority if you consider that your privacy rights have been violated or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your data.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your consent or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish that to happen.
Retaining your personal data
- We will only retain the information we collect about you on our systems or with third parties for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate and up to date and still required.
- If you decide not to go ahead with the provision of the services from us, we may still keep your information.
- We will normally destroy or erase data after 7 years from the end of our agreement or as required by any applicable law. However, we may retain your information after you cease to be a customer/distributor for longer than this, provided it is necessary for a legal, regulatory, fraud prevention or other legitimate business purpose.
A cookie is small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. This Privacy Notice does not apply to those websites. If you should choose to use them, please make yourself aware of the legal and privacy notices on those websites.
The Data Controller is Deltex Medical Limited, a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales. Company number 01691369. Deltex Medical Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deltex Medical Group plc.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights relating to your information set out above, or if you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, or you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information, you can contact us in the following ways:
- Write to the Group Finance Director at Deltex Medical Group plc, Terminus Road, Chichester, United Kingdom PO19 8TX
- Call the Deltex office on 01243 774837
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.